An Art in Common Bash is a 2-3 hour class or workshop that provides resettled refugees, youth-at-risk and their communities to participate in the art process together. We teach art classes, present and provide the opportunity to discuss and contribute to the Art in Common World Canvas. Since English is not the first language of many who move here under refugee-status, art provides a great way to communicate and enjoy a creative experience together. Sometimes there can be four or more languages spoken in one group! Somehow, we all manage to share our stories through pictures. There is a lot of laughter and it is a great cure for the isolation that can occur when one is new to a community.
Below, please view a breakdown of what your funds can purchase for an Art in Common Bash.
A donation of $5 will provide ONE of the following:
- 1 set Paint Brushes …which will be used over and over with joy and excitement! OR
- 1 Roll Masking Tape OR
- 1 Roll Plastic to cover the table OR
- 1 pair Scissors OR
- 5 Squares of Canvas …to add the hope or dream of 5 kids and adults to our World Canvas
A donation of $10 will provide ONE of the following:
- 1 Tube of Paint –Cadmium Red, Naples Yellow, Cerulean Blue, Permanent Green, Mars Black… What’s your favorite color?! OR…
- 10 Squares of Canvas …to add the hope or dream of 10 kids and adults to our World Canvas OR
- 9 Paint Palettes OR
- 2 Water buckets for group painting OR
- 1 gallon School Glue OR
- 1 set Child-Non-Toxic Oil Pastels
A donation of $20 will provide ONE of the following:
- 3 Artist Sketchbooks –If you had seen the delight and wonder when the children received their own “Art Book” to draw in at home… OR
- 30 Squares of Canvas …to add the hope or dream of 30 kids and adults to our World Canvas OR
- 5 sets CLEAN-UP SUPPLIES OR
- 3 sets Watercolor Paper
A donation of $50 will provide ONE of the following:
- 1 Set of Acrylic Paint Markers (these are needed for Art Bashes that don’t have access to water (used for cleaning brushes)
A donation of $75 will provide ONE of the following:
- 2 gallons PAINT!! WooHOO! …Colors that inspire possibility, imagination and FUN! — MUCH NEEDED!!
A donation of $100 will provide ONE of the following:
- How to Draw book w/pencils FOR 10 KIDS to take home!
A donation of $150 will provide ONE of the following:
- 1 Roll of Gesso Primed Canvas (6’x9’) for our peeps to build the World Canvas–MUCH NEEDED!!
More? Why YES! We will delighted to accept your generosity as we expand this project into more communities in CT and in other states! Thank you!
It adds up, but so do your generous donations, thank you so much in advance for considering us!
In good faith, we will have 501c3 status by 2016 year-end. You will receive a thank-you letter for donations made which can be submitted to the IRS with your 2016 tax return.
Make checks payable to Art in Common, Inc. and mail to:
Art in Common, Inc.
c/o Aimee Jette
62 High Ridge Ave
Ridgefield, CT. 06877